Thursday, December 13, 2012

the spinach marathon

The Spinach was going to seed.
So thought to myself, I will pull it all out and use what little leaves are left to make some spinach dip.
Well, what "little" leaves that were left turned out to be quite a lot!
They overfilled my big pot.
So I made my spinach dip.
Then I used some in a stir fry last night.
I made an omelet with some this morning.
Nigel used some in his salad to take to work.
I still have a mountain of spinach in my fridge!

Sometimes things are not what they seem at first glance.

I have been thinking about this lately, Things not being what they seem, not spinach.

I am living in a small town at the moment. Everyone knows everyone and everyone knows everybodys business.

So when I meet someone new to me, I make my snap judgements, as you do. Well as I do.
That person is mean, or strange, or .....

Then I will inevitably hear something about their life. Not necessary gossip just a bit of history, since your history in this town is an open book.
 And I will think, oh that makes sense, guess I was a bit harsh. Maybe someday I will learn not to put people into boxes.

You never know from looking at someone where they have come from.

And you never know from looking at the spinach in your garden just how much will fit into a pot.






No comments:

Post a Comment