Sunday, March 4, 2012

the change of plans

Sometimes plans change.

We arrived in New Zealand the beginning of December for a two month visit.
Three months later and we are still here.

Here's the story.

Christmas Eve I said a little prayer. "Lord if it is in your plans for us to stay in New Zealand and look after Nigels Gran then I am willing. Please just let Nigel know as well."

I am not sure exactly where this prayer came from. It is something that we talk about from time to time and we were going to see Gran the next day. It is just one of those things I prayed out without thinking too much about it!

The next day we had a lovely Christmas picnic on the beach with Gran and Mum. On the drive back Nigel says to me,"I would really like to move back here for a bit and take care of my Gran. What do you think?"

I replied out loud with, "Um I think you really need to be sure about it."
I replied in my head with. "WHAT! We are supposed to be going back to the states! We are commited to a LOT of things! Did i really just pray this yesterday?!"

So a month and a half later and we decide that yes this is where we are supposed to be at the moment.

We are currently in Woodville, Nigels hometown. And by town I do mean town. We are still in our big green bus and are working on getting a place ready for Gran to move into.

We are missing our friends and family back in the USA but we know that this is where we are supposed to be for the next season.

Sometimes plans change.


2 comments:

  1. You guys are beautiful and I miss you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings on you all. This is a good reminder for us to keep allowing God to make plans for us. :) ~ johanna + mark

    ReplyDelete