Friday, August 26, 2011

the sand

I was at the beach with a wonderful friend of mine and her two gorgeous little girls a few weeks back. She was off on a little adventure with the girls and I was laying on the blanket letting the sand run through my fingers. When I see sand I am reminded of the verse from Psalms 139, "How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand!"
I am always amazed looking at all that sand by how much He loves us.
Now as I was laying there I started thinking about how God made the sand. He created it. And for what?
I am sure sand is great for all sorts of things. I like to walk on it, it is great in a sandbox, little creatures live in it, it looks nice in a jar on a shelf, and my succulents love to grow in it.
But maybe He had another idea in mind when He made all that sand Maybe He made it so we would have a visual picture of how much He thinks about us...


1 comment:

  1. Ahhhhh! I love you so much and I'm soooooo thankful that we're still friends after all these years. I never thought about why God made the sand, that's interesting. I'll never look at the same again especially when I'm trying to wash it out of all those three thousand parts on the girls...lol.

    ReplyDelete