Friday, February 11, 2011

the mini blinds

What follows is a random train of thought.
It has been a train of thought that has taken me a few months to follow, and I have a feeling it is not quite finished.
I was staring at the mini blinds a few months ago. And a thought popped into my head.
"We are not created for sameness."
Mini blinds are all the same. We as humans have a tendency to create the same thing again and again.
But the Creator he creates one of a kind things. One of a kind trees, and flowers, and sunsets, and days, and people. We pay millions for a one of a kind piece of art and yet we are surrounded everyday by one of a kind masterpieces.
So that was my vibe for a while, we are not created for sameness. We are created for adventure.
Then a few weeks ago I had another thought. "The Creator, He is the same yesterday, today and always! We are created for adventure with security!"
 I find the times I most enjoy this adventure He has me on are the times when I find my security in Him.

1 comment:

  1. Wow this was very thought provoking and insightful. I'm so glad you wrote it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete