Tuesday, February 12, 2013

the radish trees come full circle

Let me tell you a story about the radishes that went to seed.
They turned into tall and pretty radish trees.

Then they turned into a mess.

 

I chopped them all down. And spent the next three days taking the 5 or 6 seeds out of each pod. The barrow of pods never got any smaller. There must be a better way.

We took all the pods off the plants.



We put the pods into the cooler. I got in with my new blue shoes and started to smoosh the pods hoping to release the seeds. A radish pod poked through my shoe and hurt my toe.

Nigel got his bare feet in the cooler and carried on where I left off.
We put the smooshed pods though the colander. Hoping to end up with seeds on the other end.
We ended up with more than we bargained for.

Blow Dryer to the rescue!
And we have seeds.

Lots of radish seeds.









No comments:

Post a Comment